What we are doing to keep you safe from Coronavirus and Covid-19 infection.
Nobody, unless you’ve been sleeping for the past month, has been insulated from news of the Coronavirus and the disease it causes, Covid-19. Here is what we know:
- The virus spreads easily from person to person, like the flu, by breathing or hand to mouth and it is thought to spread by people who aren’t even feeling bad.
- It is a new infection to humans, so we are learning as we go.
- We are very early in this pandemic and it appears it will go on for several months, maybe longer.
- There is no cure or vaccine at this point and there won’t be one for some time it appears.
- Everyone is at risk for catching the virus and subsequently, the disease.
- Most people will recover without any serious problem.
- Some people will have serious consequences from the infection. Who are the people at a higher risk for serious illness? Anyone with any significant underlying medical condition (diabetes, hypertension, lung disease, etc.), Obesity, and advanced age are the big ones.
- The public health concern is that the healthcare system could become overwhelmed with patients exhibiting the serious form of the illness thus slowing the spread is important.
What can we do to help ourselves? There are many things you can do to help protect yourself. This virus is not the end of humanity, but it is not something to be cavalier about either as it will be widespread, and in some cases, very serious. What to do:
- Isolate yourself as much as possible. If you are elderly or have any underlying disease, be very vigilant about where you go. Even those you love can transmit to you.
- Wash your hands often and well.
- If you have a fever with a cough and shortness of breath, call your doctor and get tested. Hopefully, testing will become readily available soon.
At Swetnam Cosmetic Surgery we are doing everything we can to protect you and ourselves.
If you have an appointment, we may call you to move or re-schedule. We are doing this to limit people waiting in the waiting room. You will probably be the only one here at your appointment, by design.
If you are feeling ill, please call and let us know. We will reschedule your visit when you are feeling better.
We will only allow the patient to come into the office. Drivers or family members will be required to wait in the car.
We are cleaning everything between visits and spraying down for your protection.
Scheduled surgeries are still on at this point although that could possibly change depending on the facility. If there are changes, we will notify you.
If you want to re-schedule your surgery due to illness, childcare issues, or other problems, we will help you do that.
We are all in this together and of course, things are very fluid at this point. We will keep you posted if there are any changes. For now, take care of yourselves and if we can help, please call us at 479-966-4174.